RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL INSPECTION
Signs of Electrical System Problems:
There are signs indicating that you have electrical problems at home. These may include:
- A burning smell from outlets or switches
- Buzzing noises from switches and outlets
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Improper appliance operation
- Light bulbs burn out too quickly.
- Not enough outlets
- Outlets warn to the tough or discolored.
- Tripped Breakers
When and Electrical Inspection is Required:
- When Purchasing a Century Home
- When Purchasing a Resale Home
- Before Starting a Major Renovation
- Home Electrical Inspection for Insurance
All electrical fixtures and lamps sold in Canada must have safety certification from CSA, ETL, or cULus. Some LED lighting products that are not certified to the minimum Canadian electrical safety standards are sold. Most of the non-compliant items are sold online. These safety requirements are also necessary to qualify for rebates and insurance requirements.
- Bad Wire Splicing
- Failure to Install Ground Fault or Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs/GFCIs)
- Improperly Configured Electrical Panels
- No Tamper-Resistant Receptacles
- Not Enough Receptacles
- Non-IC-Rated Recessed Lights Touching Insulation
- No Neutral Wires
- Outdated Wiring
- Overcrowding Wires
- Uncovered Outdoor Receptacles
The Importance of An Electrical System Safety Inspection:
- Necessary for buying or selling a home
- Prevent property damage, electrocution, or fire
- Your home falls under the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC)
- Peace of mind
Should You Schedule An Electrical Check-Up?
According to the Canadian National Fire Information Database, there are approximately 7,130 residential fires yearly. Don’t let your loved ones and your home become a statistic; schedule an electrical safety inspection to ensure that your home is code compliant.
One of the licensed professionals at Blue Collar Electric will examine all interior and exterior electrical systems, including circuit panels, grounding systems, arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs), surge protection, switch and wall outlet conditions, ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs), and major appliances. We will also check your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and exterior outlets.
Why Blue Collar Electric?
Our team of professionals is licensed, bonded, and insured. They are among the most trusted electrical contractors in Canada. They are firmly committed to the highest safety, quality, and efficiency standards to ensure that Blue Collar Electric remains one of the top electrical companies in Canada. We take pride in delivering the best electrical solutions to your home and business and proudly serve Edmonton, Alberta, Montreal, Quebec, and the surrounding areas.
Call us to schedule electrical inspections and repairs by one of our licensed, bonded, and professional electricians.
Please schedule a consultation today for more information about our wide variety of services.