RESIDENTIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS
Control systems typically include the following components:
- Control Panel – A control panel stores data for people with authorized access including their level of access. Newer systems store this data in the cloud.
- Access Credentials – Access credentials may be in the form of keys, codes, key fobs, access cards or fingerprints to gain entry.
- Credential Scanner – These scanners control access to entryways, whether the front gate, doors, parking, gymnasiums, swimming pool, laundry rooms, or private park access.
- Door Release Mechanism – The door release mechanism is an electromechanical device that unlocks the door so residents, visitors, and staff can enter after scanning their access credentials
Several types of residential access control systems exist for multi-family residences and homes. These include:
- RFID SYSTEMS – Radio frequency identification is a wireless communication system. It typically uses electromagnetics to scan key fobs or cards for access.
- Keypads – Keypads allow residents to enter a code for access. Some keypads work with mobile apps.
- Smart Locks – Smart locks allow residents to access areas with a PIN code.
- Smart Phone Access – Smartphones or tablets allow residents access via WiFi, Bluetooth, or apps. This is convenient for most people as you can quickly allow access for deliveries and guests,
- Cloud-Based Access – This system stores access data in the cloud. If there is internet access, residents can access these secure areas. This flexible system adds features like remote access for visitors.
WHY BLUE COLLAR ELECTRIC?
We are rated #1 among Canada’s most reliable electrical contractors. For more than 16 years, we have taken pride in delivering the best electrical solutions to Edmonton, Alberta, Montreal, Quebec, and surrounding areas. Our team is here to help 24x7x365.
Please schedule a consultation today for low-voltage wiring issues or our wide variety of services.